Sunday, October 21, 2007

Does my outfit clash with my bed?


This is Little Edie Bouvier Beale. This is where my story begins and she is the inspiration for starting this blog. I adopted Edie a month ago. I lost my 13 year old cat, Audrey, three months before (that's a whole other post). Getting Little Edie was a total mitzvah. We were meant to be together. If you've heard of Grey Gardens then you know the name. More references to that later; as there are many :)

Now Little Edie cohabitates with me and my other cat Jake. Edie weighs 6.5 pounds. Jake weighs 16 pounds. Jake is twelve, confused and bitter. He thought he finally had free reign of the house after living with that bitch, Audrey, and now here comes this little punk. She eats his tuna and takes his toys. She's oblivious to his existence. She just wants his stuff. He sleeps, grooms, pees, poops and hisses at her as much as he can. She ignores........

Everywhere we go people ask me "what is she"? I tell them she is half coyote and half fox. In reality she's a chihuahua/terrier mix. Emphasis on terrier please. She's extremely friendly, totally domineering and demands attention from every single person or animal that enters her little sphere. We're working on training right now. Before it's too late. There is huge potential to create a total monster here. It's a fine line between spoiling your dog (see photo) and disciplining them. I must be patient............






Search

Google