Friday, December 07, 2007

Frances Albert Friday!


I was missing Frank this morning. Joe called last night and said 'why don't we take Ginger and Edie for a walk in the morning?'. Good idea! So this morning I put Edie in the car and made my way over. As I turned on Joe's street I caught myself slowing down like I always did just in case Wanda was out with Frank and Ginger doing the 'emergency pee-pee good morning' before our long walk. Then I realized I didn't have to worry about that anymore.

When I pulled up in front of the house I set the alarm on my car and waited to hear Frank barking. He knew the sound of my car alarm and would always start barking the minute he heard me set it. Then he would be waiting for me inside and would body slam me in delight then grab my hand with his mouth and lead me to the kitchen for treats. None of that happened today either.

Every inch of the walk is a reminder of Frank and something funny that he did. Then there are all the 'oh, can you imagine if he was here right now' moments. We ran into a really cute boxer and told his owner how cute he and Frank would have played together. We ran into the FedEx guy and he was so upset to hear that Frank was gone.

We cut our walk short today. Ginger was dragging.....and it just wasn't the same without our pack leader, Frank.

No comments:

Search

Google