Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas without Audrey

This is my first Christmas without Audrey. Here we are on our first Christmas together thirteen years ago. She was just a baby. I had only had her about a month. Look at how little she was next to the poinsettia plant! I have a little tree that I decorate every year for the cats and I keep it in the bedroom. There are little ornaments on it with their pictures. I was sad this year when I put up the little tree and I saw this picture of Audrey on her ornament.

Audrey loved Christmas. The tree, the flashing lights, the ornaments, all the presents, bows, ribbons. One year she barfed right on my moms present and I had to rewrap the whole thing. I got smart later and learned to get a smaller tree that I would put in a tall planter up high so she couldn't get to it.

Audrey only had two Christmas' with me in our new house. She loved it here. She would stare at the fire in the fireplace and lounge on the couch or in her pink bed. When I'd have company over, I'd put her and Jake safely away in he bedroom so they wouldn't be scared. Audrey would always come out towards the end and sit with us. She was really starting to come out of her shell.......

No comments:

Search

Google